Another great question from our Slack Ask Me Anything with @marie.drake and Filip Hric
Cypress out of the box is pretty great, but what other packages/plugins/frameworks do you use to make it better?
I’ve just added the axe plugin for accessability checks, and will be doing mochawesome for reports. Will also be looking into the visual comparison ones.
Same as @Amy Hoad, I also use the cypress-axe plugin. It works really great!!! The good thing about the plugins is that it’s so easy to install and use Apart from cypress-axe, I also use the following:
- cypress-wait-until for a flexible waiting mechanism
- @bahmutov/cy-api for displaying the request and response on the app preview section on the Cypress Test Runner (if you are interested to use Cypress for API testing)
- Applitools for cross browser visual regression
- Cypress Image Snapshot for pixel-by-pixel image comparison
- cypress-iframe if you are testing iframes and don’t want to write a lot of custom code
Filip also added
I’m also using Cypress testing library with some nice custom commands (things like get element by label or by placeholder value)
also I rely heavily on drag and drop plugin.
last but not least, I use a service called Mailosaur to test contents of emails our application sends. It is great for testing flows like „reset password” or „invite user” etc
What about you? What other packages/plugins/frameworks do you use in Cypress?