Where are you planning to join HolidayBash 2022 from?

Hi, as there hasn’t been any new topic yet, but HolidayBash is taking place tomorrow (9th Dec 2022), I just wanted to kindly copy the post from @simon_tomes from last year 2021 last year
:wink:

I’m always curious to know where folks are when they join a live online event. And with HolidayBash perhaps the context is unique, it’s a party after all! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Where are you planning to join HolidayBash from? At home, in the office with your team, at a local meetup, someplace else?

And is there anything, in particular, you’re looking forward to?

For sure, I’m looking forward to it all yet I can’t help wonder what will get asked during the Big Fat Quiz of All Things Testing.

Would be great to see you and interact with you also on social media (not only Twitter), but also on Mastodon #HolidayBash #HolidayBash2022 :slight_smile: :partying_face: Looking forward, and have you also got the fancy jumper?

3 Likes

I am going to attend from home (remotework) in Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Franconia/Bavaria), Germany and already happy to have received the MoT jumper
:wink:

3 Likes

I’m going to be at my home office, I’ll watch the first part from there, and the rest I’ll try to watch on the phone while on the move, the rest of the conference I might need to watch the recording later. By the way, I say jumper instead of sweater too! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi @alexschnapper ,

Thanks for starting a thread for HolidayBash 2022! :snowman_with_snow: (I’d forgotten I’d started one last year. :sweat_smile:)

I’m meeting up with my brothers (an annual get-together) later in the evening so I’m gonna head to the hotel where we’ll meet — and join HolidayBash from my laptop in a hotel lobby in East London. Once our room’s available I’ll probably move to the room. I hope the internet holds out! :crossed_fingers:t2:

Looking forward to it. I hope folks have fun in the online space we’ve created. :smile:

Oh, and my MoT Festive Jumper is yet to arrive. However, an ebay used backup arrived yesterday so I have that just in case.

3 Likes

I’m going to join from home in Belfast. It’s my first HolidayBash so I’m looking forward to everything!

I might even have a go at a 99 second talk. Really enjoy watching these. They’re tough to do, so kudos to everyone who does one!

3 Likes

Nice one @gerardmccann. See you soon!

Would be great for the community to hear your 99-second talk. :grinning:

2 Likes

Holiday Bashing it up… Really interesting and fun virtual environment. Nice 1 MoT!

3 Likes

This is a link to the Critical Thinking cards I used in my 99-second talk: 52 Essential Critical Thinking Skills – Mind Brain Emotion.

I talked (very very briefly :smile:) on the following critical thinking areas and how I see them affecting/informing software development and testing in my recent experience:

Happy thinking! …Keep it critical :sunglasses:

=====================

There are some other great resources on critical thinking on MoT, for example:

Oh, and don’t forget that MoT have cards available, too. We used these in Belfast MoT meetups and they are great!: TestSphere – Awesome Merch by Ministry of Testing

3 Likes