Where to go from Performance Testing?

Hello!

I’ve been working as a Performance Tester for a number of years now, across mobile banking, retail web applications, analytics services etc, using LoadRunner, Silk Performer, and for the past 4 years JMeter.

I’m looking to develop and move forward into a more technical/development based role as a lot of my enjoyment comes from scripting/the creation of test scripts to achieve some purpose (in my case a working test or replication of production activity for example).

Aside from trying to move into a pure ‘development’ role, what do ppl see as possible progression within the test realm with the above in mind? SDET style roles?

All ideas/thoughts would be much appreciated!

3 Likes

Hi @mikemcm,

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your post. :smiley:

So cool to hear about your ambition to shift your career in a different direction.

Are any of the following on your radar?

Good luck on your exploration and please do continue to keep the questions coming.

3 Likes

If you’ll like I’ve done some DevOps also with a big view on quality.
I’ve created scripts to create pipelines & do deployments. On the side note I’ve automated processes for my clients also. Like the setup of test data or simple tasks like copying files from A to B just to reduce their work effort.

A lot of devs create pipelines with the actual quality control afterwards, so without automatically validating what has been done/achieved. It’s quiet fun to do and DevOps + Performance testing is a highly needed skill! :slight_smile:

Also welcome to MoT @mikemcm ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes