We’re human and ultimately, we will miss bugs from time to time. If you had to give reasons for why testers miss bugs, what would you suggest?
- Had to make trade offs to ship by a deadline, so made choices on what was a more likely area to be buggy, or an area that has more business value that we decided to test more.
- unclear/unknown requirements
- unknown code changes
- no understanding of the business
- no understanding of the technical surroundings/environment
- phenomenon known as inattentional blindness (I’ve experienced that myself too many times )
- multitasking and/or context switching, especially when priorities keep changing all the time
What would you add to the list?