Advise on Selenium Training courses

Hi there, I’m currently learning all there is to know about Selenium and based on people’s experiences would be interested in finding out which online courses people would recommend. I’ve done a couple already and have found that I glean new pieces of useful information from each.

Cheers

Andy

3 Likes

I found these quite useful when I was looking at Selenium

I did end up getting a book as well (think it was the Selenium Webdrive Practical Guide - was a reasonable price on Amazon).

2 Likes

I used both the getting started course from @alan and the
Selenium webdriver one from @friendlytester which is currently being updated.

3 Likes

I should say actually that Richard has released an updated course on his blog Free Selenium WebDriver Course

3 Likes

Cucumber and cheese is a really instructive book, I would definitely recommend it. It cover Ruby, Cucumber and Watir.

2 Likes

There’s lots of free online courses but I found many were using Java implementations so depending on your familiarity with the language, that may be a constraint.

The reason that the implementation language matters is due to the limitations of the selenium framework that you’ll almost definitely want to extend, (such as custom identifiers or managing delays)

2 Likes

There are Guru99 tutorials on the net which are free.
In my case however I bought some eBooks on Amazon.
One being Selenium WebDriver: From Foundation to Framework by Yujun Liang and Alex Collins. It is full of mistakes I must say and sometimes a bit difficult to understand to me but in the end of the day it is full of nice tips. You should have preferably a good knowledge of Java and Design Pattern + Maven and Spring to benefit from the book but I’m going through it without knowing much of some of these fields which explains why it is a bit difficult to me.
I have another one on the shelf I should maybe have read first but i think I will go through that one quicker than the previous one. Anyway it is Absolute Beginner (Part 1) Selenium WebDriver for Functional Automation Testing: Your Beginners Guide by Rex Allen Jones II which is free in its eBook edition on Amazon.fr site.

1 Like

Hello,

I hope you are doing good.

In this competitive world, It is not enough to be a good tester. The career and field of software testing are more challenging over the last few years. The customers do not require just good software testers but they want a person who is having a good command of new tools and techniques that can help them to improve product quality and save valuable resources.

Now in day’s Selenium is on-demand and shown promising results, So you should have to study everything related to Selenium Testing.

Below is the list of top best selenium online training and courses, which will help you to improve more in this field.

• Learning Selenium [LinkedIn]
  • Selenium WebDriver with Java -Basics to Advanced+Frameworks [Udemy]
  • Selenium Certification Training [SimpliLearn]
  • Selenium WebDriver Masterclass with C# [Udemy]
  • Robot Framework Test Automation - Level 1 (Selenium) [Udemy]
  • Selenium with Python|Best for beginner | Frameworks -34+ hrs [Udemy]

There are different types of testing such as software stress testing, unit testing, functional testing, acceptance testing, Performance testing etc. Salesforce qa is also emerging as an important area where automation can be applied.
Selenium is used for functional testing.
You can find many courses online for automation testing.
Here are certain topics which if you have covered already then you can consider your basic training complete.

1. A programming language eg. Java
  2. Java basic concepts such as class, methods, inheritance, constructor, string, interface, Collection etc…
  3. Basics of Selenium.
  4. Testng
  5. Page object model.
  6. Testing framework such as modular, data driven, test driven, BDD etc.
  7. Report generation tool.

Thanks for this interesting information!

Traditional B2B sales are being challenged by internationalization and technological development. New technologies have made it easier for companies to do business worldwide. Online marketplaces are showing increased international competition. More products are being converted from physical to digital form, such as books, music and movies. Even education is transforming from offline to online. The challenges for traditional B2B sales are vast and complex. The future of B2B sales is digital, and it’s vital that companies take advantage of this. Many companies still choose to stick with the traditional way of doing business, fearful that customers might switch to another supplier. But with ecommerce, businesses can reach more customers and cut costs associated with traditional B2B sales. Businesses can also optimize their websites to show up in the top results of online searches. A fully transactional website can appeal to B2B buyers throughout the buying process, from sourcing the product to receiving the delivery. To stand out in an increasingly competitive environment, ecommerce businesses must distinguish themselves from their competitors. This can be achieved by creating a unique brand identity, offering unique products, and providing exceptional customer service. Listed below are some of the strategies that can help you improve your eCommerce B2B sales. So what are the steps you need to take? There are countless ways to improve your business and get the desired results. Traditional B2B sales take longer than ecommerce. The business first places an order with a vendor. Sometimes, the vendor only checks the order once per day, so it can take a few days before the order is fulfilled leads provided by Belkins. Moreover, it takes the vendor time to manually check the inventory and make a decision. All this adds up to a long order process, and increases costs. But the benefits of ecommerce b2b sales outweigh the disadvantages of traditional B2B sales.