Ask Me Anything Automation Week October 2020 - Julia Pottinger

Third up for an Ask Me Anything session at Test.bash(‘Online’); we’ve got @ailuj876 :tada:

If you’ve got questions for Julia for this session, please add them to this thread. Our hosts will go through the questions asked here and ask them to Julia live :grin:

Remember to :heart: questions that you like to show appreciation for others and help the hosts pick out the most popular questions to ask.

If you want to catch up with what Julia is up to after the session, subscribe to her YouTube channel.

What are common barriers that slow down or prevent a team from launching a new product or feature?

1 Like

Why should I use WebdriverIO compared to other frameworks like Cypress.io?

2 Likes

Julia you have been amazing in promoting your personal brand! From Youtube videos, TAU course, podcast, articles. What is your advice to someone who wants to start their personal brand?

3 Likes

Hey Julia :wave:

Your Test Automation Unversity Course on Webdriver was amazing. Can you tell us about the experience of writing a course, and are there any unexpected benefits you’ve had from the experience?

3 Likes

What cool features do you like about WebdriverIO?

1 Like

Do you have any experience using any visual regression tools with WebdriverIO? What are your thoughts? I’ve used WebdriverIO for a few years but I’ve never tried any of the visual regression services :thinking: Curious what you think.

1 Like

Do you have any tips for livestreaming?

1 Like

What’s the testing scene like in Jamaica?

1 Like

What was the first ‘automation tool’ you played with?

1 Like

How do you utilize the results from automation towards a delivery manager or a project manager? Does the automation process produce some sort of documentation and is this a requirement in your automation projects?

2 Likes