Bloggers Club: Sprint 13 - New Timelines

(Heather) #1

So folks we’re trying new timelines to revive the bloggers Club. We’ll spend 2 weeks suggesting and voting on topics. Once the topic is decided, you have 1 month to write a blog post on that topic.

So this sprints timelines are:

10th May voting ends for Sprint 13.

7th June is the target to have your blog post submitted.

Let’s see some suggestions :slight_smile:

(Heather) #2

My suggestion would be “Your experience with ethics in tech”.

Reasons: I’ve seen a good bit of chatter about this on testers.chat slack. I’m also interested in other peoples experiences with this as I’m sure we’ve all had very different ones!

(Ady Stokes) #3

Your first experiences with accessibility testing. How you started, where your learning began and any assumptions you had to question, change or drop completely.

Reasons: While there’s a good general knowledge in a lot of the MoT community and resources in the Dojo, when I meet other testers there is very little awareness or testing going on. I’ve been fortunate to visit a few European conferences and its a similar story. If we can demystify getting started we can get more people aware and doing, even if it starts with the low hanging fruit.

1 Like
(Heather) #4

Oooh I like your suggestion better than mine!

1 Like
(Dominic) #5

Do you trust software less now you understand how it works and how it frequently doesn’t ?

(Heather) #6

It depends :stuck_out_tongue:

(Gregory Paciga) #7

hmm I happen to already have a draft along these lines, is that cheating? :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Ady Stokes) #8

Definitely not! :wink:

(Daniel) #9

It might have a limited scope, but, how about your thoughts of TestBash (or whatever your last conference/meetup you went to)?

(Ady Stokes) #10

Could be a good one Dan. We already have a Brighton thread but maybe what we want / don’t want in conferences would open it up and make it more useful?

Blogs from TestBash Brighton 2019

1 Like
(Louise) #11

There was recently a discussion on the club about the ISTQB qualifications.

It would be interesting to read blog posts about differentexperiences in ISTQB, what courses have you done, was it a positive/negative experience, was it a waste of time, have there been any benefits, if you’ve not done any of the courses has it held you back (prevented you from getting a job for example).

(Heather) #12

Seems like this is the winner!

2 Likes
(Ady Stokes) #13

Well, I better do a post then! Hope some folks join me

1 Like
(Ady Stokes) #14

As promised, here’s my post on my first experiences with accessibility testing. Your turn @gpaciga :slight_smile:

3 Likes