Collaborative List on Things to Help Software Testers - Open Call for Suggestions

Hello, fellow testers and enthusiasts!

Software testing is an open and wide field with various good sources of work available in various areas in bits and pieces.

I have curated a list of such resources that I believe will significantly empower our software testing journey. This is not just a list; it’s a living repository of knowledge, curated with care, and can be enhanced by the collective wisdom of our community.

Why This Matters? Software testing is a vast universe, brimming with potential yet often fragmented in its wealth of information. For beginners, finding quality material to study and learn can be a challenging process. It was super challenging for me when I started a decade back.

A heartfelt shoutout to @sarah1, whose insights were invaluable in areas where the path seemed obscure.

Now, I make this as an open call for contributions for other members to share stuff (preferably free and openly available) of things that have helped you in your journey and can help other testers in the future. Let’s make this a collection of 100+ Awesome Resources. I am sure there are a lot more resources available.

I will pick and add them to this list. Also, share your views on this list. I am sure there will be something new for you here.

Here is my first version listicle:

Learning Resources – Testing (Theory):

Learning From Hands On Testing (Practical):

Learning Resources – Test Automation:

Learning Resources – AI in Testing:

Free Tools – Testing, Automation & AI:

Blogs, Community Support, Conferences, etc.:

Ebooks:

Presenting, Visualizing Your Work, Story Telling:

Negotiation, Persuasion, Influence:

6 Likes

I’ve got a massive trello with quite a few resources on it (some I’ve not even validated) books, podcasts, etc.

Is there anywhere you want this to live/ any plans to create a website to house it?

3 Likes

Yeah, we plan to get this out in form of a blog or something.

(work in progress)

1 Like

Fab! Well this isn’t mine but is excellent Trello
This is mine, but is a definate work in progress… Trello

Thanks for the response, Kelly.

I was able to find some good pieces. Thanks :slight_smile: