Do you have DevOps experience and enjoy mentoring?

One of my current mentees is looking to improve their knowledge around DevOps and would love to pair with another tester to learn together for mutual benefit.

My mentee considers themselves to be a “DevOps beginner” and would like to initially focus on what good practice looks like, before delving into some implementation and tooling details.

The ideal partner would be a tester with some experience in this area but who is also still learning (maybe an automation engineer who already works with pipelines). My mentee is based in Melbourne so a local partner would be great (providing the opportunity to meet in in-person), but someone in the Australia/New Zealand timezones would work well. (They can be flexible with less convenient timezones too if ned be.)

Please let me know if you’re interested in pairing with my mentee or know someone who might be interested.

2 Likes

DevOps is surely not to be forgotten. If you ever wanna do some sparring feel free to hit me up, I’m just not in the time-zone of your choice :stuck_out_tongue: I’m from Belgium, which is probably the totally on the other side haha.

A good question to start with is:

• What does he/she think what “DevOps” is and what it contains?
  • Anything specific he/she wishes to know about DevOps?
  • Is he/she technical?

There is no basic good way to do DevOps since most of it is context dependent. There are obviously some best practices but yea.

If you can’t find a partner, my DMs are always open to challenge your thoughts! :slight_smile:

Hello Kristof,

I am Ritesh who Lee mentioned in the above post. I am mostly a Manual QA who would love to grow into devops world, of deploying e2e automated tests that have written by the me or the team to a CI/CD pipeline.
I am a technical person
I understand devops it’s mostly involves writing small scripts in YMAL

Pipeline management is mostly written in YAML yes, the change management is however another aspect :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m guessing you are using azure? Do you also have access to azure portal in your company?

Sorry, we are not using azure, we mostly use github actions. Pipeline management is mostly what I wanted to learn about.
The main objective is when I have created automated tests, I wanted to be able to either create fresh CI/CD pipelines or be able to integrate these test to an existing pipelines.