We are a global and truly diverse community I was inspired today by a request for resources from @gemma.hill1987. I thought it would be great if we could all get together to create a list of mental health resources (help and awareness) by region/country.
We may be based in one geographic region (e.g. the UK) but be speaking to/have friends in another (e.g. the US) who need our help and we may not necessarily know what region-specific help there is for that person but want to help them.
I have found:
- Call 999 if someone is in urgent need of help
- Pieta House (Suicide & Self-harm) have a 24/7 Freephone helpline that can be accessed by calling 1800 247 247.
- Samaritans Tel: 116 123 Text: 087 2 60 90 90
- Aware support line 1800 80 48 48 which operates from 10am to 10pm.
- Pieta house: centre for the prevention of self-harm or suicide
- Aware: offers help, information and support, specifically for depression and bipolar
- A Lust For Life whose aim is to support, inspire and empower people to take care of their own minds
- Reach Out: offers help, information and support on a range of topics
- See Change: offers information and id dedicated to ending mental health stigma
- The HSE: Health service advice and contact information for helplines
- Grow: Mental Health support and Recovery
- Shine: Supporting people affected by mental ill health
- Mental Health Ireland: A list of possible services and helplines to use
- Turn 2 Me: Online one to one or group counseling
- Bodywhys: Eating Disorders Associations of Ireland
I have found (thanks to Gem):
- Call 999 or 111 for medical help
- Call 116 123 free to talk to the Samaritans
- Living life to the full: a website designed to teach important life skills that aim to help empower and equip you
- CALM: “the Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) and we’re leading a movement against suicide”
- The Samaritans
- Gems self-care map
Can you help the community? What support and resources are there in your country for mental health? If you could add the country and/or a flag to your response, it would really help people who are quickly searching for information specific to them.
Thank you all so much in advance