How do you create successful training programs in your team?

Read this week’s article, “How I created and launched a successful community of practice: Empowering the team through a QA Academy” by @cicarrageis to discover how building a QA Academy can enhance your team’s skills and boost product quality.

What You’ll Learn:

:chart_with_upwards_trend: Steps to plan and launch a QA Academy.
:chart_with_upwards_trend: How to engage stakeholders effectively.
:chart_with_upwards_trend: Techniques for developing a comprehensive curriculum.
:chart_with_upwards_trend: Metrics to measure the success of your QA Academy.

After reading the article, we’d love to know:

Have you considered how creating a QA Academy could improve your team’s skills and product quality?
Do you have any tips or stories about launching successful training initiatives in your organisation?

3 Likes

Great article. I loved the idea of actually measuring the impact the academy had.

We have a couple of initiatives going on. There is an academy for Operations that might be rolled out to other departments once it’s a proven concept. For QA I’m working on training options for accessibility testing. There are different courses teams can book, regular sessions can join and I’m working on eLearning courses.

2 Likes

Nice blog article. Read it from start to end.

I liked the metrics that you defined to track your progress. Especially these:

1. Decreasing production issues
  2. Customer Feedback
  3. Time to resolution
  4. Confident Metrics
  5. Knowledge Metric
  6. Proactiveness Metric (I have a feeling that this would be hard to measure and sometimes may also get biased if one person is good at selling themselves and other is not).

However, for a couple of metrics that you listed (mentioned below), there are risks of distortion and dysfunction in the system in a long-term time frame:

1. Bug severity metrics (Testers may start assigning lower severities levels if they are measured on this)
  2. Test Pass rates (Testers, especially beginners/juniors may get trapped in the test case pass addiction)

Want to hear from the author as well as other community folks about how you safeguard yourself against this common pitfall of distortion and dysfunction.

Quick insight on these two terms below:

3 Likes