How do you handle Beta feedback from App Store Connect and Google Play Console? Seeking advice

Heyy, this is going to be my first post ever :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Need your help guys!

In my company we’ve just launched a beta program of our app and I’m trying to come up with a smooth process of handling beta feedback.

Right now beta feedback from Android users is being gathered at Google Play Console, for iOS ones - App Store Connect, which is not really convenient for different reasons:

• there is no user-friendly way to mark a pice of feedback as resolved (this is the biggest problem for now, given that different people check it) which leads to the next point
  • people have to either delete feedback once it’s handled (that’s what we do right now but in this case you have to rely on one person removing it; may not always be objective) or leave it as it is (which would create a chaos since you don’t know what’s really handled)
  • different people are interested to see beta feedback (UX, PM, Dev etc) so all of them would need access
  • App Store Connect is often tooo sloow

Ideally, I would love to get beta testing feedback in Slack where everyone interested could see it and react. We do the same for normal reviews from app stores with the help of App Store Optimization tools but unfortunately, from what I’ve explored so far, they don’t support Beta feedback.

Do you have a similar experience of handling beta feedback? Or maybe you know a tool that can help here? Or maybe I’m looking at the problem from the wrong angle? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Liza

1 Like

I’m going to be honest here and say I haven’t tried this.

But if I was in you situation I’d be trying to get both stores integrated into something like Jira. So when feedback is created it triggers a Jira ticket, which can then be viewed on the board and managed/tracked appropriately. It looks like Jira allows this (can’t say how well it works), but I’m guessing there are other applications that will do something similar.

1 Like