How should QA process carry out in development of game from scratch?

How testing life cycle shall be carried out in the development of games from scratch? What essential a game QA must have and which processes he/she must follow to ensure the quality of the game isn’t compromised?

3 Likes

What do you mean with “carried out in the development of games”?
Do you mean QA for video games or?

3 Likes

I meant QA for video games.
Sorry, English isn’t my first language.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, @subhan. :wave:t2:

Ooh, Games Testing is such an interesting topic!

Is this masterclass video on your radar? Dealing with Device Fragmentation in Mobile Games Testing with Ru Cindrea

I also found some useful threads on this Club:

Hope you’re able to find something of use. Enjoy exploring. :smiley:

3 Likes

No worries, just making sure I understand. For what I’ve seen QA is exactly the same.
User stories get written, AC gets written & test scenario’s get written also.

1 Like

thanks. these resources are great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Game testing is a complicated process which needs extensive test hours to work on the utility, functionality, performance, and most importantly the User Interface of the game. The process begins with defining the requirements, developing the system, measuring the process, deployment, and simultaneous testing for all the test benchmarks.

For years, I have been a part of a software testing and quality assurance company, and therefore I am very familiar with all the testing best practices and techniques that must be followed to deliver an effective gaming experience to end-users. Here’s a quick link to a blog that will make things simple for you when you need to test a game from scratch while giving you insights into techniques, trends, tools, and more: Game Testing: Emerging Trends and QA Role

2 Likes

What do you mean by QA?
Quality Assurance? Do you have the power of overall direction of the game, e.g. its target audience, who develops it, the marketing, the financing?
Without these things, it’s difficult to have any assurance of the “quality” of the game (i.e. the value to its users).

If you meant testing (investigation of the status of the game) (which is a WAY smaller scope in relation to QA), @simon_tomes links are pretty useful IMO. Thanks Simon.

3 Likes

Glad you found them useful, @joaofarias. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes