How was your March?

Try the following:

1. Take a moment to move away from where you typically hang out
  2. Start a 10-minute timer
  3. With March 2023 in mind, write down/draw/record the things that you are most proud of
  4. Stop the timer at 10 minutes and reply with whatever revealed itself.

Letโ€™s celebrate your month of March with the community. :trophy: :tada:

3 Likes

I love doing this at the end of the month /year, plus I am a big fan of tracking stuff and creating statistics (I have an Excel for my yearly goals :sweat_smile:).
After writing it down, it seems that March has been a good month for me:

• I wrote 4 new articles on Medium, including my favorite one so far: https://medium.com/me/stats/post/a83106f51797
  • Managed to attend a lot of the talks at TestBash 2023 (will watch the recordings in the near future, too)
  • I designed part of the assignments for an entry-level job opening (coding exercises, and where to test finding bugs)
  • Spent a lot of time on fairly complex project debugging and fixing a lot of the existing code
  • I ran 167km
  • I finished 4 books
4 Likes

Itโ€™s been really busy, but very productive!

• TestBash Spring was a real treat! I gotta say with each TestBash I feel more and more comfortable, this time I didnโ€™t feel nervous at all. To me, this just goes to show how much a healthy and supportive community means - especially for more introverted folks like myself.
  • I caught up on a ton of interesting podcast episodes (like AB Testing, MoTโ€™s podcasts, and the Testing Show), and right now Iโ€™m binge-listening to the Test Guild automation podcast.
  • Started planning the next live MoT Sarajevo meetup - more details soon
  • Watched a lot of courses on soft skills, mostly on Pluralsight
  • Learning more about test management
3 Likes

Not too bad, I think. :smile:

• Spent nearly 30 hours training and burnt nearly 20.000 kcal while doing it
  • Submitted three sessions to the Agile Testing Days
  • Took a 1-week intensive Danish course
  • Fixed a bug in the Cucucmber docs
2 Likes

Start Great!

Middle Good!

Ending Bad! (Caught up with Viral and post Viral complications) :frowning:

Looking forward to a good April now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I remember March 2023 for:

• I found a new job
  • I ran my first marathon below 4 hours
  • I picked up blogging again and I wrote each week a blog post
  • I got a certification ISTQB test automation engineer
  • I was really surprised that the developers in my team wrote a lot of integration tests while I was on holiday
1 Like

It was awesome,

• My new boss joined here he came from the USA, and worked there for 30 years as a QA so lot to learn
  • Took my masterโ€™s convocation
  • Learning new things
2 Likes

I think I read all 4 of them. Really nice stuff.

3 Likes

March has been largely Personal, but.

• Finally Completed step 1 of test automation for a product we launched almost a year back. (For reasons we did not automate then.)
  • Got good feedback from managers that Iโ€™m documenting and sharing knowledge well. (But will continue to do so.)
  • Missed Testbash online sadly due to a release that week. (But we are now releasing more often and streamlining, so its a win.)
  • Taught my self to repoint brickwork (badly.) Which is horrid work, but despite the pain a source of self pride.
  • Campanology accomplishment! Can now dodge a bell and make places (means I have enough control to start to ring changes and patterns but not yet ring methods.) Hope to actually be able to ring properly soon. I also secured our first playing gig, although I have yet to form a band.
3 Likes

Congrats on all the achievements! Especially the sub-4 marathon :clap::clap:

3 Likes

Hi!
The things I did in march are:

• Attended an interesting talk about real life examples of people abusing product design.
  • I completed a pluralsite course on Python
  • I also created a POC for K6
  • I missed the TestBash, but that was because I was preparing and hosting a Threat modelling session using @oxygenaddictโ€™s Threat agents.
5 Likes