How would you describe this painting?

Inspired by something @chris_dabnor mentioned during @magsy’s talk, I thought I’d experiment with an idea here on The Club.

Look at this painting for 5 minutes, how would you describe it? Share your description below :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks like our sprint planning :rofl: :rofl:

Now for real my personal opinion: I’m not a fan of paint on a canvas. Sure it can be pretty but not worth millions. For me, I believe this painting is a mix of different elements but I can’t see what has been painted. It’s hard to see the logic behind this painting as my question would be: “what is it?”. I tried looking upside down also but I’m just not artistic :smiley:

1 Like

There are two possible replies.

1. It is an exploration of shape and colour, using a seemingly random selection of organic, non-regular shapes on a predominantly yellow background. The shapes are arranged roughly around a diagonal locus running from bottom left to top right of the canvas.

2. If I knew more about abstract art, its principles, history and notable practitioners, I could describe it in terms of artistic movements and styles, and artists who may have provided an inspiration to the creator of this work. But I don’t, so I can’t.

1 Like