So, I recently shared this on LinkedIn, and it triggered a lot of reaction.
This is not a list of skills, this is a list of tools. Listing your ‘skills’ like this is hugely underselling yourself.
Instead consider something like:
- How to understand the context and choose appropriate tooling.
- How to automate regression tests|checks using Selenium to bring the team rapid feedback.
- Able to quickly explore new tools and evaluate what value they could bring.
- Able to solve testing problems by building tools in Java.
- Able to implement numerous different assertions using my advanced knowledge of JUnit.
- Spent more time in JIRA then anyone ever should, meaning I can quickly get up to speed with your JIRA set up.
How do you list your skills on your CV/Profiles?
Do you see any value in posting them this way?