Here is my take on reveling the rules of this excellent puzzle.
- We have two groups of buttons. Lights group are black buttons, and action buttons are white.
- Upper row lights are blue
- Lower row lights are yellow
- Blue light row goes first
- Left action button starts light timer of 2 seconds duration.
- Right action button starts light timer of 4 seconds duration.
- Action buttons confirm action with red color.
Now comes the fun part
Putting lights in a queue. Que fills from right to left.
Que timer starts when light is turned on. And that counts for next light added to row que.
Each row has independent timers.
Click right button four times. Second light timer has already been started at the moment when first light in that row went off!
Which means that second row light will not go off after four seconds of its appearance time moment, but four seconds after the moment when first light went off.
Que timer is started when first light goes off.
I used my phone stopwatch.
I measured after how much time light goes off. I got consistent times just for one light in queue.
Fill up queues with right button. With left button.
Alternate left and right button.