Mental Health Awareness Week 2020 Kindness: Act of Kindness Wednesday

Continuing the daily posts inspired by @gemma.hill1987

https://twitter.com/CareBackpack/status/1260499227794386944

Wednesday prompts us to

Do a random act of kindness for someone else.

And reminds us

Have you had that treat yet?

2 Likes

I’ve been lax at catching up with these here! However, I have some ideas for this one:

-Give someone a compliment
-Give a coworker a shoutout for doing something great
-Send someone a care package
-Make a colourful sign or bunting for your window
-Make a note to do this in the future
-Send a friend a message saying ‘hi’ and maybe brighten their day
-Send someone a picture or gif of something cute/something they’d enjoy

I plan to do some shout outs for people at work/in some slacks I’m in :smiley:

3 Likes

We pup rainbow-coloured pinwheels in the gardens of houses with children in our neighbourhood. Accompanied with a little note saying: “kids are heroes too” :rainbow:
No pictures of the pinwheels, but did capture the cards.

6 Likes

I sent a TestBash Home sticker to someone :blush:

4 Likes

My favorite is to buy coffee or lunch for the person behind me in the ‘Drive-Thru’ line.

2 Likes

Oh yes! Excellent idea

At the store, I like to return someone else’s cart back to the store to save them the trip. (Just make sure they’re finished with it first! :grinning:)

2 Likes

If you’re waiting in line somewhere, sometimes you can help out the parent with a child who is really tired of waiting just by talking to them or making silly faces with them. (If you’re not sure how the parent will react, ask first. I haven’t had a negative response yet and most people welcome the distraction!)

1 Like

I like to keep a couple of small gift cards in my purse so I can hand them to a clerk, waiter/waitress or receptionist that seems to need a lift. All I say is a simple “Thank you”.

Or, sometimes I’ll hand a gift card to a person who is simply marvelous at what they do.
Have you ever thanked the person who picks up your trash?
How about your mail carrier?

1 Like