Nominations paused for Tester of The Day

Big News

As you might have noticed, it’s been quite a while since I’ve awarded #TestOfTheDay.

I’ve simply not had the energy to keep it going in the current format this year, and as such I’ve taken the decision to close nominations, while I work on whatever is next.

I’m sorry to those who have pending nominations and haven’t been awarded. I will figure out a way to celebrate your achievements at some point.

I’m not sure, yet, what will be next, but I can be sure whatever it is, it will be powered by the amazing Software Testing Community.

7 Likes

Thanks Ben, for what you did there so far!
I still remember the nice surprise of my nomination an and that it was the cause why we met.

4 Likes

Thank you Ben for keeping this running for so long. :heart:

4 Likes

It was an excellent idea. I think most speakers and bloggers were nominated at least once. It was always a lovely surprise when I get an alert saying that I was nominated. I also liked nominating testers who I felt deserved recognition - I only wish I’d taken the time to nominate people more often.

Maybe a tester of the week, or maybe introduce the opportunity to nominate new speakers and bloggers who started contributing after tester of the day started but not yet become well known enough to get noticed (I think it was several months before my blog developed enough of a following so more than 10 people read my blog posts).

3 Likes

Thank you @fullsnacktester for running this for so long!

3 Likes

I would love to highlight up and coming testers, and those who have grown since winning Tester of The Day. This is a great idea, I’ll have a think how I can work this into my future plans.

2 Likes