Performance test material

Hi everyone,

Recently I have been thinking about learning other types of testing and based on the project’s needs, I think it’s a good idea and a good time to start introducing performance/load testing.

I started reading about k6 and looks like it has what I need.
I would like to ask you guys if you can suggest any material I should read before start implementing these types of testing, like “mindset” changes / best approaches etc.
Also I’d really appreciate any k6 material / courses you guys may have. I know the documentation is the best place but I won’t deny some outside help too ofc!

(For background, I have experience with js/ts)
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi,
There are tons of materials and i cannot say just one will give you everything… My personal fav is this one https://www.perfmatrix.com/
as it can give of basic details of all aspects of performance testing at one place.

Another recommendation is to find a mentor as reading cannot be much help unless you get real experience from mentor on certain performance testing fundamentals.

Good luck

1 Like

If you are looking at the k6, I’ve done a “getting started” overview on youtube. It’s a generic overview of what perf testing is + a simple example using k6. Maybe it’ll help?

1 Like

Hi, @lufis!

Glad to see you want to learn about performance testing! As you said, the k6 docs are the best place, which also include guides, especially Get started with k6.

Here are a few that I can think of as well :slight_smile:

There are a few introductory content from the k6 team, such as:

I also did a talk about Performance Testing 101 (requires MoT PRO account) and this free article A Quick Start Guide To Learning Performance | Ministry of Testing

For more in-depth k6 material, feel free to check out our k6-learn repo. This is still a work in progress but should help you get started.

From the community, feel free to check out:

Thanks,
Marie

2 Likes

In the first blog post a different approach for performance testing is suggested:

The second blog post contains a Q%A about performance testing:

1 Like