Pick a tool you’ve never used, to evaluate during the 30 days of tools – 30 Days of Tools, Day 4

Been on a security testing marathon lately, so I’m going to give ratproxy a try.

3 Likes

hey vysor might disappoint you with adds , My suggestion will be to use GitHub - Genymobile/scrcpy: Display and control your Android device

3 Likes

I’ve been hearing a lot of great things about honeycomb.io

Although it isn’t a full on tool, I would like to give it a try and see how it can help with observability!

Also, thanks @bangser.a for giving a wonderful explanation about #observability in one of your podcasts that you were invited to. Really helped me make sense of the whole breadth of the concept. Ta

3 Likes

Day 4 Challenge
A tool I recently came upon and intend to keep messing with is Warp. A terminal written in Rust. I shared it with a co-worker recently as well.

3 Likes

I span the wheel a few times but discounted some of the results because they seemed outdated (e.g. PageTest only works with IE, by the looks of it?), because they were tools I already used (e.g. Bug Magnet), or because I could already accomplish the same thing via DevTools (e.g. Edit This Cookie). Still, I think the process of being given an arbitrary tool then letting my gut tell me why it wouldn’t be a good use of my time was worthwhile, as it helped me to understand what kinds of tools I was looking to find out more about.

Eventually I landed on Diffy, which is a PaaS visual regression testing tool that has integrations with some of the CI tools that my company uses. They have a free trial, so at some point this month I’ll set up a proof of concept on my current project and see how I get on. Hopefully I’ll get a blog post out of it, too.

3 Likes

I also span the :ferris_wheel: of :hammer_and_wrench:.

I got EditThisCookie

I will try it out and tell you guys how it is.

4 Likes

I started with Vysor recently too - for both iOS and Amdroid devices on my Macbook. Easier to use than AnyTrans (worth a go as an alternative)

3 Likes

Thanks @jamesespie :smiley:
I wasn’t aware of what cURL is, but your crisp explanation of the given topic is very well written.

2 Likes

Glad to be of service @anush !!

2 Likes

Good day Club!

I’ve spun the wheel and I got EditThisCookie.

I’m gonna explore it and see what I can find.

Regards,

3 Likes

That’s a neat tool for manipulating cookies, very useful for web-based testing.

1 Like