Question about Chrome extensions

I wanted to ask what are some chrome extensions you use for your testing job and also if you could wish for an extension that does not exist what would you like it to do.

2 Likes

I use:

Besides those I don’t use any extentions (besides Adblock XD), it’s either a Tool like BurpSuite or DeveloperTools.

1 Like

Not sure how often I use them but on this device which covers the last few months stuff I have, amplitude, axe dev, link checker, react dev, redux dev, wave, ad blockers, bug magnet, lighthouse, wappalyzer and a custom one a developer knocked up in 20 mins to allow me to switch variants in A/B testing quickly, I usually have cookie stuff there but guess not needed that recently.

That A/B testing one was one I wished for and thankfully got.

Sometimes I’d like a quick way to manipulate the traffic call and response, resend from an add-on. I can do this via tools but might be nice as a simple add-on.

Like Kristof I generally have dev tools always open and often burpsuite running.

1 Like

Here’s what I use:

• BuiltWith Technology Profiler - give you info about the technology stack a website is using

• Bug magnet - you get another context menu option in Chrome useful for testing input fields and such

• Test Case Studio - only tried this one out, it records the steps you take and converts them into simple test steps, it’s made by the fellow who’s behind the SelectorsHub. The idea behind the tool is ok but I didn’t have much use for this.

• For testing single pages apps (JS heavy stuff using the virtual DOM) I’ve been using two browser extensions which add a new tab to the developer tools, React Developer Tools and Angular DevTools

• And while I was working with Azure Test Plans a bit I used Test & Feedback extensions, mostly for taking notes in exploratory testing sessions, but also leveraging some of it’s integration options with Azure DevOps, like reporting defects from it.

Those are the ones I used the most, but I’m frequently trying out new extensions to play around. :grin:

3 Likes

I use:
For XPath and CSS Selectors: SelectorsHub
To get the steps to reproduce the issue: TestCase Studio

1 Like