Ranorex...have you used it?

I’ve been looking to start test automation within the company I work for. Started off with learning the Ruby language, also learnt HTML and CSS, but it’s really hard to know where to start with automation. Then I saw that Test Rail is now integrating with Ranorex. So I looked it up.

It looks interesting, easy to use and a great way to start with automation for mobile and web projects, but it’s pricey. I now have the job to justify the use of it to my manager…so I’m looking for some opinions.

Have you used Ranorex? If so, what are your thoughts? Do you like it and would you recommend it? What’s the best feature? Are there any drawbacks? Is it worth the money?

Any thoughts and opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

Not used Ranorex myself but there are a couple of other threads on Mobile Automation where it is mentioned that might be of use to you.

1 Like

Thank you for these…I will take a look. :slight_smile:

Hi Terryl,

The company I work for, Inflectra Corporation, makes an automated testing tool called Rapise. See more details at https://www.inflectra.com/Rapise/. It’s easy to use and can automate the testing for all kinds of applications, including mobile and web. You can get a 30-day free trial to evaluate it. (I believe the price is lower than Ranorex but don’t quote me on that. I’m not a sales person!) It’s not even necessary to have strong coding skills to use it, because it has a scriptless mode.
Check it out!
Regards,
Elise

1 Like

Thank you Elise, I’ll definitely check it out. :slight_smile:

Terryl

I have used Ranorex
What would you like to know ?