Tester in a rubber world from Lyon, France

(Boris) #1

Hello testing world,
I read a few topics here (very interesting, btw) since my sign in on May but I didn’t took the time to introduce me. Shame on me. But I am french, so you may forgive my rude manners as part of my culture, hum?
Last introduction from Florence and greetings from Stephane made me realise that I am not the only froggy here so I feel mor at ease.
I went to testing by chance during a project management internship in a web agency. And it happens that I finally like it a lot more than making Gant diagrams and explaining to the client why we won’t be on time and why it is so expensive, etc. I love proling around a product and trying all sort of weird journeys to see what happen if I do this or that.
I now am a functional tester (tne first and only one) in a Michelin’s compagny (you know, the french tyre manufacturer) that operate most of the e-retail websites of the group.
So I do a lot of manual test but I also try to automate most important things and also keep an eye on velocity and performance, as well as I try to get the production process better (shadow part of the job). And it’s a very good position but I sometime lack of other QA profesionnal to talk with.
And I hope my english skills do not completely dismiss me from future posting. I misuse it on a daily basis and still feel I am mumbling.

Sorry for the long post, here is a potato-growing-plant in a tyre
operation-pneus-006-400x300

(Florence) #2

Welcome Boris!
I can relate to this :

it’s a very good position but I sometime lack of other QA profesionnal to talk with.

Given the number of frenchies, we could start a French connexion :wink:

(George) #3

So that’s how potatoes grow in France? Amazing!

(Boris) #4

Off course not!
Patatoes come all sliced and already fried ans salted.
Belgians can testify.

(Stéphane) #5

Welcome here Boris. And see you in another Lyon Testing Meetup :slight_smile:

(laurent) #6

Welcome Boris!
Not much a poster myself in here yet, but a reader for some time.
One day I will introduce myself as well :slight_smile:
This is will have to be a mountain or a bottle of Chartreuse I guess.
Talk to you in here or elsewhere soon!
Laurent
(french as well)

(Boris) #7

Hi Laurent,
I guess you are from Grenoble. Am I right?
I will be pleased to read your introduction one of these days.
And we may meet at one of the events created by SColson ansd the Lyon Testing team.
Have a nice week.

(laurent) #8

Indeed Grenoble yes.
I will try to come to Lyon Testing team meetup one of those days… not so far from the mountains indeed.
Cheers,
Laurent

(Stéphane) #9

Looking forward to see you in Lyon Laurent. Maybe as a speaker if you want :wink: