Testing Certification

Hello Team,

I just registered with this forum and this is my first post.
I have 8 years of experience in Testing - 4 years of manual Web App testing and little bit of Automation and Web development experience and 4 years of Database, Datawarehouse and Reports testing experience.
I have a break in career and I am trying to get into job soon.
Meanwhile I would like to do a certification. I have done ISTQB Foundation Level Tester certification.

I am planning for ISTQB Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst. I highly appreciate any inputs on this w.r.t.:
preparation time, materials to study, question papers, experience of anyone who have done this etc and it will be of great help to me.
Thanks in advance mates :slightly_smiling_face:

Any other suggestions on better certificates are welcome.
Cheers,
Malar

Well then Welcome.
Unfortunately I cannot tell much as it seems you have at least twice my experience but Iโ€™m sure someone can give you some hints. I prepared for the foundation level of ISTQB with the official syllabus. I guess that when Iโ€™ll prepare Advanced level Iโ€™ll just do the same but I guess you already know that.
Good Luck for the future.

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
I read the ebook Software Testing by Dorothy Graham for the Foundation Level and it covered the syllabus.
No idea on this Advanced certification. The official syllabus is in my preparation list but not sure if thatโ€™s sufficient.
Thanks much :slight_smile:

I did the ISTQB advanced technical test analyst qualification some years ago. Unlike the foundation exam I actually do rate this course.

However if you are looking for GUI Selenium testing etc. then you are going to be disappointed. It is much more conceptual - about analysing code and state in white box testing along with an overview of various different types of testing including load testing, performance testing etc.

Thank you Paul that really helps. I am not looking for a GUI tool. Is there any certification specific for database testers or ETL testing.
Anyways do you remember how much time you spent and what materials did you read through. How about the difficulty level?