Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA)

Hi, I am planning to give ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - Technical Test Analyst certification exam. I am not intended to go for any training and keen on self-study.

Looking forward for any guidance. Any Course study material and practise questions would be helpful. Please advise.

Thanks
Siri

2 Likes

Hey, welcome to the most awesome community on the planet!

Deep deep question. I’m no pro at these, but.
I never bothered with ATL, but Foundation is passable by any “practitioner” with about 2 weeks of solid book -based learning. And you aced that, right? What are you worried about @siriyalavarthi ? I would normally ask why and what value you attach to a thing and why, but would like you to put a number on it. A actual hard “value” number. Then, take that number and work backwards and decide how hard you want to invest in that number. It might at the final analysis be easier to prepare on your own, then take the exam, perhaps fail and then take it on the nose and pay to do the exam a second time, knowing what your own abilities are and knowing the exam process and thus reducing stress. If you are not prepared to pay twice, you are not ready. It’s a trick entrepreneurs and arguably all successful people use, they jump before they are ready, and use that to learn. Putting a number on things might sound mechanical, but it does not have to be. Having the benefit of enough money to pay twice also helps, but maybe if that is the case, then the value of the thing may well outweigh the actual thing, and thus not be worth it. This second question may dissuade you, it’s not designed to.

Finally, Always bring a towel.
~ THHGTG (remembering Douglas Adams on this up-coming 25th May)

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes. I have done the ISTQB foundation certification 10 years ago and thought it will be a good opportunity to revise my concepts by doing Advanced certification. I liked your theory in terms of giving twice. However, I would consider the first attempt as my final attempt, and incase if I fail to clear it, my company will anyway sponsor me for the 2nd attempt too. Thanks once again for your input on this.

1 Like

Hi @siriyalavarthi!

Firstly best of luck with the exam. While I’m not done that specific exam, I’ve done the Advanced test manager exam. Working through the syllabus and practice questions is always a good idea with ISTQB stuff.

I also try remember in the multiple choice questions. There are often two reasonable options, but one of them is “more correct” in terms of the content.

@flynnbops
Hi Aaron, Thanks. Do you know where I can find practice questions?

Sorry I didnt make that clear in my first post . The link I originallly added has a “Download materials” section which has sample questions and answers, the syllabus and exam info.