What Android screenshot tools do you use?

A few more Android screenshot tools were recently added to the Ministry of Testing Tools Directory.

Have you used these? What are you using? How do they help?

2 Likes

I use vysor (www.vysor.io) to view in desktop and screenpresso (www.screenpresso.com) to take snapshots and video for documentation. Vysor is a great tool and works with iOS and Android.

2 Likes

Vysor is very handy, I just recently gave it a try, and the paid version seems to be worth it.

3 Likes

Barebones basic screenshot functionality in the OS isnโ€™t satisfactory? I use that and same for iOS. We can then always manually transfer the screenshots over to computer later by various means.

From a question standpoint, Iโ€™d be more interested in what screen video (plus audio?) recording tools do you use for Android (and/or iOS), as thatโ€™s usually a bit more involved and not available standalone + built-in to the OS.

1 Like

While using multiple devices at the same time, Iโ€™ve yet to find a better tool for screen capture than native Android screenshots with automatic sync between all of them and cloud or scripts for automatically pulling screenshots from a set of devices using ADB.

Using only one device at a time is definitely a better scenario for using tools such as Vysor or scrcpy.

1 Like

Actually both Android and iOS come with a build-in screen video recording functionality.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know. It used to be not built-in if Iโ€™m not mistaken. iOS had integration with Mac/Quicktime to do the recording if you connect to Mac and mirror then record. Good to know theyโ€™re now built-in for recent versions of the OSes.

2 Likes