What’s Your Win For The Week? 10th April 2021

What win(s) do you have this week? Share them here so we can celebrate them with you :tada:

My wins for this week:

5 Likes

I bought myself a book to read, a great challenge.

It’s been on my to do list for so long, so I stepped up and ordered it. Now… to actually read it!

6 Likes

I have had a good week again, which is so pleasing.

• I made some good strides forward with a project I’ve been working on since I started here
  • I managed to continue my daily #EurovisionNations thread on Twitter - not for everyone ofc, but it’s making me smile
  • I had a good catchup with my boss, and have some more responsibility already
  • Started planning for this month’s internal training
  • I ventured into Salesforce training as well, they have a nice little platform. That helps.
  • Another good session with the Testing Peers
  • I think I’m going to be on a panel with some friends in June, that I am looking forward to!
6 Likes

My big win this week was the publication of the ebook https://leanpub.com/testing_stories/ All proceeds from the book go to the mental health charity https://osmihelp.org/ I contributed a story and have had the pleasure of working with other testers who have contributed stories. Lots of thanks to @melissafisher who has managed the process of creating the book!

9 Likes

Finally joined Twitter (@ BobTechThoughts) - not sure if that’s a win or a loss :wink: . Probably a loss for my productivity. Not embarrassed myself yet (definitely a win).

4 Likes

FIRST follower :smiley:

3 Likes

Wow! Thank you for stopping me from being Billy No Mates.

I’ll remember you when I’ve grown up and become rich and famous, for being the first person to believe in me :wink:

5 Likes

:smiley: I have that in writing now. At least a mention in your memoir is in order!

3 Likes

hi all,

I had a promotion / title change from “Senior Test Manager to Senior Advisory Consultant”.
As mentioned, a test manager is more of a project manager of test. So less of that - but still an active part. More of advising managers and teams on test strategies and test automation - and testing.

That’s a career path you can take too :slight_smile: might be like a Quality coach in other contexts. See the thread

6 Likes
  • Publishing testing stories, getting a sponsor for it and making over $500 for charity so far #mindblowing.
  • Survived the first week of the easter holidays with the kids at home
  • Making my way through the hoards of easter chocolate
8 Likes

I had a week off. Some reading, some walking, and a lot of re-arranging the house.
Biggest win out of that is that I finally have got a proper workspace again. Desk, chair, and 3-monitor. Going to be lots more productive :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I passed my ISTQB Mobile Testing exam today.

3 Likes