Where do you hang out these days to connect with fellow testers?

The online space for us testing folks to hang out seems a bit up in the air. :roller_coaster:

I see folks moving away from Twitter/X and some remaining. LinkedIn appears ever popular. Some folks are on Facebook, Instagram, Mastodon and also dedicated Slacks/Discords for testers. There are other places too, such as Threads. And of course, there is The Club. :slightly_smiling_face:

I rediscovered this article by Jonas Menesklou, published in February 2021: Getting Active! A Community Guide

What’s changed since? Where are you hanging out these days? Do you prefer a be-everywhere approach or have a dedicated few or one place to be present online? Where do you see the testing community moving to and why?

Note. All replies will appear underneath the article as a comment.

1 Like

I’m a member of 3 Discord groups, Mastodon, as well as MoT, AST, and WomenWhoCode-QA. None of my communities are active within their forums. I don’t know why. I will say that I can’t attend anything in-person due to ongoing health issues. I love MoT, but the time difference prohibits me from attending the majority of the workshops.

I don’t know if we’re a bunch of introverts or if no one’s hitting the sweet spot of QA community hang-outs. :woman_shrugging:t4:

I’d enjoy more of an exchange. I really valued the async 30-day-challenge, but I noticed that very few of us completed it, so I don’t know if you felt that it was valuable.

MoT is the only quality-specific community that I visit on the daily basis.

3 Likes

Personally I’d go with “bunch of introverts” (I certainly am).

MoT is the only testing community I follow - I’ve tried a few other places, and what it comes down to for me is that the MoT is the friendliest, most welcoming community of any flavor I’ve ever encountered.

2 Likes

Are there places for testers that primarily do manual testing rather than automation?

1 Like

Is LinkedIn even a social site? I’m very conscious that it’s primarily a recruitment platform and therefore discussion is going to be pretty professional (tame) and full of self-promotion. My testing hangouts tend to be purely functional in the main, product and tech-specific forums etc. I come here for rounded discussion and enthusiasm! :slight_smile:

This is a trick question guys! The answer should be at Ministry of Testing! :slight_smile:

I still use Twitter/X. LinkedIn is more for recruitment so not really my cup of tea.

1 Like