Are there meetups in the US?

I just finished the Intro course and found the meetup page! I noticed they are all in the UK, though. I live just outside of Kansas City, MO and wondered if there were any stateside? Thank you!

4 Likes

I’m sure there are, maybe try looking for testing meetup.com in cities near you.

2 Likes

I can see a bunch of meetup groups in the US:

https://www.ministryoftesting.com/meetups

I haven’t gone through all of them so no idea whether any of them might be near you. Also, not all of the groups are currently active.

3 Likes

It’s a small world! :yay:

I vaguely remember a channel for KC MoT on the slack group when it existed, but I don’t recall there being any signs of life in the channel even when it did exist.

To my knowledge, there’s not a lot of active QA specific meetups in KC.
The last group that I was aware of was Software Quality Assurance group.

BUT, there are other tech groups that aren’t QA specific and are more active around KC. I’ve still felt like I have learned some things that I can apply to my work from these groups, had positive networking experiences that led to new job opportunities, and I’ve met some other fellow testers at these meetups too.

1 Like

Oh that’s a great idea! I’ll check that out! Thank you

Oooh! I’ll definitely join those! I saw the Slack channel doesn’t exist anymore and I was a bit sad. I’ll have to poke around other meetup groups and see what I can find! Thank you so kuch

@simon_tomes is there a list anywhere of MoT-associated meetup groups? I happen to know about one in Atlanta, GA just because I happened to run across something on LinkedIn (and I’ll probably be speaking at it remotely sometime early next year), but I’m guessing it isn’t the only one.

1 Like

Hi @c32hedge,

@baysha shared a link to the page a little earlier on this thread:

I can see a bunch of meetup groups in the US:

https://www.ministryoftesting.com/meetups

Cool, I missed that one when skimming the thread :upside_down_face:.