First Belgian-Leuven MoT Meetup! 11 October

As some of you may know in Belgium meetups are a little different, or at least people are used to a different format!

Lightning talks!
We start off with lightning talks, where you can give a 5-10 minute presentation about something cool you want to share. These are usually rather informal, so don’t worry if you’ve never done this before - this is a great opportunity to give a talk in a friendly environment or you can just listen the first time :wink:

The Open Space!
We have a couple of rooms where 30 minute sessions are run in parallel. A session can be an informal discussion in comfy chairs, a demo or presentation, practicing testing dojo’s together, mob testing, or anything in between. There are no requirements for you before you can join a session - just bring yourself, an open mind and your opinions. Before the Open Space starts, anyone can suggest sessions about something they want to learn about. Whether you’re an expert on some topic, or you’re just getting your feet wet, the only requirement to run a session is that you’re there to host it.

All of the topics will be posted here, to discuss further. I’ll personally bring a lightning talk myself, feel free to do so yourself, no obligations; you can just come and listen also.

2 Likes

Pretty original my dude!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s a very fun concept to do and it’s more interactive, which is a good bonus and a preferred thing from the guests.

We also have “the law of 2 feet”.

If you are joining a session and it doesn’t interests you, you can leave to another session to get some more knowledge, even the person who suggested the topic can leave as long as he does the intro/demo/presentation/… no mean looks :slight_smile:

1 Like