24 Hours of TestBash Home Charity Marathon

Myself and the great @undevelopedbruce are committing to do the full 24 hours of TestBash Home 2021.

Beyond our general stubbornness, we thought we would add some further incentive to the mix by raising funds for the Covax project: COVAX

Please take a look at our Crowdfunding page and give what you can

17 Likes

Yaaaaaaaaas open your wallets and take out your monies and give them all to the charities yesssss.

I will also endeavour to take part in many Test Bash Home activities, social mabobs, drop-in rooms and games in sponsor rooms, so if you require anything extra from me such as to juggle two pieces of fruit (but not three, I won’t do that) in order to gain your monies, then absolutely shoot your ideas on the day! Will shame self in public for charity and in advertisement of this excellent event.

8 Likes

Donated, no extra tasks just a promise to get plenty of sleep after :hugs:

7 Likes

Lol you both are pleasantly insane :sunglasses:

As someone with insomnia I’ve been awake for 24 hours against my will and it sucked so when anyone does it on their own free will I’m tipping my hat to them. I hope you will raise all the boomer-coins you need!

7 Likes

If last year is anything to go by, I will not be able to sleep for another 2h after the event for fear of its ending

8 Likes

Donated - because of you both being you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you Jesper! We are definitely us, do not worry about that. No alt universe Bruce, no evil clone Chris. Not at all. hahahahahahaha aHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA :sweat_smile: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll certainly be there for some of the time, dependent on my work schedule. Best of luck! I’ll be sponsoring you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love the idea. It’s for a good cause, a bit bonkers. Ideal pairing. Have some ££ from me.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @azza554

We’ll try to do you proud

2 Likes

Thanks @danielbilling, really appreciate it

1 Like

Thanks so much @jesper, we hope that we do you proud

1 Like

Just for your sheer awesomeness, I will sponsor you both and will also be there supporting you for most of it (- a few hours sleep :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

We’re already up to £440 pledged, plus @melissafisher has pledged to give her entire TestBash Home speaker fee to the VaccineAid cause.

https://twitter.com/fishoutthebox/status/1397306941244940292?s=20

That is so wonderful of you all, and it will certainly keep us motivated to keep awake.

I’m contemplating penning a terrible cover of a 4-chord wonder song for the 99-second talks, which I think happens beyond the 20-hour mark, so that should be worth tuning in for!

4 Likes

So a 99 second talk on no sleep? Sounds amazing

3 Likes

I want to donate but the page doesn’t load for me anymore

That’s interesting.

Try this one: https://www.vaccinaid.org/testbash-home-247-for-covax

Also, thank you so much!

1 Like

TestBash Home week is here!!

We are pleased to have already reached £700 in pledges for the Covax vaccination scheme.

Thanks so much to everyone who has given and shared.

We look forward to seeing you there!

3 Likes

Donated some number of $ that will end up being some amount of £. Looking forward to lots of hijinks from y’all.

6 Likes

Thank you so much @alex it’s greatly appreciated