Best real time collaboration mind mapping tool

We have been using Xmind tool for mind maps to plan our testing for a number of years. However, now that our team is growing we need real time collaboration which Xmind doesn’t do. I have been looking for a new tool but am yet to settle on one. Our Organization currently uses Miro for many parts of the development process, so this seems the easy option however I’ve noticed they are lacking in some simple features. What tool do you use or what would recommend and why?

2 Likes

Recently I’ve used Mindmeister (3 free boards) for real-time collaboration, but it also misses some features Xmind has such as labels and grouping. I don’t know if these are the features you’re missing in Miro? Apparently SimpleMind does have labels and grouping, but I haven’t used that one. If what you’re missing from Miro isn’t too debilitating, I’d consider just going for that since your colleagues are already comfortable with it and you can add additional diagrams, tables, etc. to the same board.

2 Likes

I use Miro every once in a while and I know it became popular during Corona, because of the collaboration capabilities, like multiple users editing the same board at the same time.

1 Like

I have looked at Mindmeister but their markers/icons were too big and not easy to use. I haven’t tried SimpleMind but will give it a go. The main issues with Miro is the ability to add markers, import xmind maps, unable to have a legend/key for the markers and you aren’t able to arrange your boards into categories. Currently with xmind, I have a folder for current releases and another for regression testing. Within these two folders the maps are broken up into features/releases which makes it easier to maintain and resuse maps.

1 Like