Bloggers Club February 2021: Your struggles/successes with automation

Inspired by The Struggle With Learning To Code, I thought for the month of February, the Bloggers Club should blog on the topic

Your struggles/successes with automation

It’s clear from the replies to that thread and on Twitter that we’ve all faced a range of struggles and successes with code so I’m keen to see more blogs relating to the automation side of that :grin:

The blog can be as short or as long as you want it to be.

How to get involved?

• Write a blog on the above topic before March 1st :writing_hand:
  • Share a link to the blog here :eyes:
  • Receive lots of love from the community :heart:
  • Maybe even get a shout out from the Ministry of Testing Twitter account :wink:
8 Likes

Sorry for the poor quality image, and also it’s from two years ago rather than new for this month, but I think this is relevant.

4 Likes

Some perspective on NLP Automation & its Testing Automation:

4 Likes

Short one from me this month. Should be an article published soon which covers my experiences with UI automation. So will let the article share its struggles.

4 Likes

Your UI automation standards are so impressive. This is probably what we need to have as well… to have a reference to accepted standards :+1:

1 Like

And this is my attempt to write a blog. A Secret for Good UI Test Automation Coverage – Find zen in automation

4 Likes

here are my murmurings for this month:

http://peetronics.com/TheAutomationIsDead.html

4 Likes

Really pleased you think it could help on your role. It took a lot of work to get together. We didn’t have the standards in place when we started auto. Which was well before i joined.

I’m a big fan of standards. At the very least they provide a reference to talk about.

OK, I’m late, but it’s always February somewhere in the world? Right? Is that how timezones work?

Anyway, here’s my big long post about Angular and Protractor. Hope it’s of use to someone!
https://jpie.nz/2021/03/02/testing-angular.html

2 Likes