Contribution Points are go!

Nice one, @fullsnacktester. Glad to hear it.

Thatā€™s what we were hoping for by switching it on. Folks just see the points as a way to encourage themselves to come back more often and get involved.

Maybe Iā€™ve worded my question poorly, let me rephrase that.

Each of those actions gains exactly 1 point for the user?

It looks like I got 1 point since yesterday, possibly for another day of logging in.

Actions did that should result in gaining (some?) points:

• 1 day more
  • 1 topic viewed
  • ? posts read
  • 4 hearts given
  • 1 heart received
  • 3 posts created

18.05 - 328 points - my profile stats:

19.05 - 329 points - my profile stats:

3 Likes

No, otherwise Mirza and I would have way more points. Iā€™m trying to find it online but canā€™t say how many points you get for X or Y.

I got 2.1k hearts received and 4k given and my score is 3k. But they also take into account visits etcā€¦

3 Likes

Yeap. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve asked about how points are counted. There needs to be a weight for each of those actions :bar_chart:

I see what youā€™re asking for now. :smile:

Hereā€™s the current set of points received per event (action). Weā€™ve just used the default for now and can review/change it if we like. Seems good enough for now. :+1:t2:

(note we donā€™t use the ā€œuser invite systemā€ or ā€œsolutionā€ so those can be ignored)

2 Likes

That doesnā€™t seem to add up though like @pwicherski mentioned :thinking:
Taking me as an example

And then we didnā€™t dive into days visited etc :man_shrugging:
Maybe itā€™s all for the better then we donā€™t know how it exactly works and letā€™s just contribute towards the Club <3

1 Like

Absolutely!

Yet I can totally relate to a desire to wanna know how it all works. Testers forever. :muscle:t2:

3 Likes

Here are more stats, I seem to get points only for daily visits :party_parrot:

2 Likes

@pwicherski ā€“ do I have your permission for me to share those findings as a support request with the team at Discourse?

1 Like

Yeah, Simon, of course!

1 Like

Contributions 404 - not found.

It definitely ainā€™t adding contributions up right.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 09.49.19

2 Likes

Is the leaderboard in the navigation anywhere? I canā€™t find it, and had to search, some back to this post, and click from here. :slight_smile:

Hey @fullsnacktester, I mentioned this in the original post:

Iā€™ll tweak the copy to make it more explicit.

There are all sorts of custom sidebar updates coming soon via Discourse so I imagine we could add a link to it there. :thinking:

4 Likes

My bad, I didnā€™t read to the end. I love your copy, but I tend to scan and summarise and only pick out keywords (not just your posts, anything longer then 3 short bullets).

Iā€™ve wondered what happened to leaderboard/2

There is a

and there is a

Where did leaderboard/2 go to? :smiley: :joy:

1 Like

Nice spot. I canā€™t remember what I created with leaderboard/2. I think it was what eventually became leaderboard/3. I deleted 2 thinking we should just include everyone (including MoT staff) thought otherwise, hesitated and then ended up creating leaderboard/3 to ensure no MoT staff are on that one.

Welcome to my brain! :brain:

3 Likes

Hi, Germany here and calling ā€œzero pointsā€ - wonderful - another board we can look at :smiley:

Queens, Kings ā€¦ must be something british :uk: :smiley:

My opinion: In earlier days (like 12 years ago) it was cool to have those kind of dashboards in forums, but that also was leading myself to write more and nearly stay addicted to the boards. I am curious on how this now will change or transform my activities with MoT Club, it can either be positive or great as the learning is never negative. :wink:
I donā€™t want to know how the system works. I am fine with with the information which is there.

I just wondered if Discourse has a use case - just a thought - in finding out if a user is logging in manually or via automated software/tool. I mean - who didnā€™t think of a solution based on all the automation tools, given the statistics and data to check and test a MoT test plan on login/logoff functions, likes, bookmarks and other features.

:thinking:
Or is this a new challenge - whoever comes up with an MoT-Testautomation Club plan wins a pro membership for a year - or a sticker with ā€œMoT Club - Testautomation challenge acceptedā€ :smiley:

3 Likes

So I needed to make a lot of small posts, not multi-paragraph explanations with detail and references?

Iā€™ve been doing this extremely incorrectly.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s an update from the team at Discourse and about the observed behaviour of ā€œlikes givenā€:

I think weā€™ve tracked down the issue to a missing ā€˜aā€™ in the scoring query that affected the points for Likes Given. A fix is in the pipeline and should work its way to your site soon. :+1:

and a follow up

After I sent the ā€˜Misson Accomplishedā€™ message we actually picked up another missing ā€˜aā€™ that effected the Likes Recieved as well, so we have another fix for that too. :tada: :slight_smile:

Those fixes need to be merged, and then your site updated, and then we can run the backfill again to square up your points. :+1: We should be able to do that for you in one burst once itā€™s all lined up. Iā€™m not sure on the timeline, but Iā€™ll make a note here to let you know when itā€™s all been sorted. :slight_smile:

And thank you (and your testers) for the report. :+1:

Thanks again for raising this, @pwicherski. It means itā€™ll also provide a fix for many other communities out there that have this plugin enabled. :trophy:

4 Likes

Great, thank you for taking care of it @simon_tomes! :slight_smile:

4 Likes