🐤 Day 10: How do you productize yourself?

At TestBash @parwalrahul spoke about productizing yourself.

Amongst many things covered, it meant things like getting yourself out there, seizing opportunities, being the leader of you and having a learning mindset.

One quote that he mentioned that I loved was:

Who knows you is more important than who you know. - James Clear

Here’s some notes by @lhughes on the talk.

This personally speaks to my heart as this mindset is crucial to help advance, not just as individuals, but also as a community and an industry.

In today’s challenge consider:

• sharing what you are doing to productive yourself
  • what can or have you done to support others in their journey
  • try creating or sharing something and dropping a link here
  • what has or hasn’t worked for you in the past
  • share what is the thing you’d love to be known for over the next 12-24 months
4 Likes

Introduce yourself. So Im joining a new project/delivery and I noticed the Director for the area at the coffee machine. So obviously I introduced myself, and next project meeting he said Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

I think I’ve productised myself pretty well.

• I have a clear brand so that people can say “oh Callum said that”.
  • I talk about practical testing concepts and clearly show organisations how I can help them.
  • I focus on being a generalist and not limiting myself to one area of testing.

I’ve helped others on this journey by making a LinkedIn post showing people how to use their social media posts to really show organisations how you can help them. Plus I’m always down for a chat to testers to help give advice on how to widen their portfolio / visibility to show how awesome and hireable they are! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m working to make a meaningful impact in the QA community by integrating my broad IT experience with my commitment to quality and reliability. Some key contributions include:

• Started QA Blogging: Created a blog focusing on Cypress to address common issues and ineffective practices that I frequently see in “too many” Pull Requests.
  • Developed Open-Source Plugins: Created plugins for Cypress to streamline the QA process (and make the QA professional’s daily work easier), enhance web accessibility, and address gaps in the Cypress ecosystem.
  • Active Forum Participation: Provide guidance on various QA forums.

By adding a unique and authentic spin to my work (some people might even say quirky, as myself), I aim to ensure my contributions stand out in the QA community.

These are my Blogs:

And these are my Plugins:

• wick-a11y
  • cypress-ajv-schema-validator
  • how-to-create-a-cypress-plugin
1 Like