Finding a job in Brussels

Hello everyone! I visited Brussels recently and realised life is too short and i want to move there to work as a Tester( automation & manual a little bit more than a year as experience). However i don’t know French or Dutch and many job openings ask either one of them.

What are my chances of finding a job? Do you have any suggestions and tips? Thank you in advance

1 Like

I have never worked in Brussels but I have had a look for you at QA or tester jobs in Brussels on ictjobs.be.

There are 17 jobs listed of which only two state English as the only language required. The most in-demand is French, stated with 11 out of the 17 jobs stated. This is unsurprising as French is by far the most common language in the Brussels Capital Region.

1 Like

Actually my apologies. This is the one job from the list where only English is required.

https://www.ictjob.be/en/job/sopra-steria-senior-penetration-tester/7-168823

There are a few more options in this LinkedIn search though.

Yeah the majority want French from what I have seen as well so no hope I guess till i learn that at least! Thanks Paul

I’m from Belgium and Brussels is indeed a big city that loves French.
Might I suggest looking more in Leuven or is that a big no go?

Do you wish to work internally or in a consultancy firm?

PS: Welcome to MoT @mlep27 !

1 Like

Hey thanks for the welcoming!

I mean Leuven is close to Brussels so why not? Maybe start from there and then move at some point.

What do you mean when you say internally?

Internally I mean, work in a specific company internally and you work only for that company.

Compared to Consultancy, you work for the consultancy company and you can go to company A and then to company B and then to company C without ‘job hopping/changing employer’. This is often seen as an “External person”

Oh now i see. I don’t really mind! They way the company i work for is structured in a way were testers either move projects( which means different clients) or work for products.