Free test-case management tools

I’ve started recently in a company that has no test-case management tool. Since there is no budget for such a tool I wonder if there are any free test-case managent tools that I could consider.

4 Likes

Yea, I found one for a side project of mine it is called QA Touch, it can integarte with Jira, but I didn’t get around to do much in it. The free version does seem sufficient for all the basic test managment needa of a smaller project. There are other free one out there probably.

3 Likes

Vim + Git + Markdown may be a good start.

4 Likes

Kiwi TCMS looks quite promising. It is open source, so probably you could give it a try.

5 Likes

Consider embracing the freedom the ‘missing’ test case management tool gives you. Questioning Test Cases, Part 1 « Developsense Blog

4 Likes

Thanks for the really smart solution!

2 Likes

All software development begins with an idea for a product with https://syndicode.com/mobile-application-development/. The developer must determine what functionality the product should have, and how to market it. Then he has to figure out how to make it affordable. After that, he must determine what components of the product will require the most programming code, or what user experience he wants from the program. He may want to use prototyping, wireframe, documentation, or focus primarily on testing. Designers create the initial idea presentation for a product. They often start with just a diagram or drawing of what the product might look like. After they fine tune the drawing to their liking, the designer proceeds to the software development process. User experience designers create the invisible interface that the software will use to interact with the end user. Designers may also do research about the target demographic using surveys and focus groups.

2 Likes

Free Test Case Management Tools:
1. qaManager - qaManager is a free test case management web-based tool. It is an application for managing both testing projects and teams. Features include tracking releases, managing test cases, resource allocation, track code reviews, and reports.

2. Testopia (A Bugzilla extension) - Testopia is an extension for Bugzilla that enables simple test case management. With Testopia, you can integrate bug reporting with the results of a test run. They also allow you to export test cases and results. With Testopia, users can log in to one tool and use the Bugzilla group permissions to control permissions and access for modifying the tests.

3. TestLink - TestLink is one of the more popular free test case management tools available today and is a great alternative to paying for a service or using spreadsheets for test case management. This web-based tool allows you to import and export test cases, designate various user roles, and it supports manual and automated test execution. TestLink also integrates with many popular issue tracking tools, so you can link test cases to bug tickets.

4. TestMaster - TestMaster is a web-based tool created from the need to report which test cases are complete or incomplete. It offers email reports, test cases importing from word docs and CSV files, search, and simple reporting. TestMaster runs on Linux and uses Apache to serve web pages. This tool is a great alternative to managing your testing projects in a spreadsheet.

5. Nitrate - The nitrate test case management system helps manage test plans, cases, and test runs. It is available under an open-source license, downloadable via GitHub. Nitrate has many useful features, such as tracking external issues with test cases, a fast search facility, and it also has the benefit of an XML-RPC API.

2 Likes