Hello from Stockton-on-Tees

Hello everyone, it feels great to be joining such a friendly and vibrant community. I’m a quality engineer with lots of experience with manual testing and automating desktop products. I’m looking to broaden my horizons and break into the world of web and mobile testing.

Looking forward to being an active member of The Club.

2 Likes

Welcome to MoT! :slight_smile:

What are your favorite things to test or to use/do while testing?

Hello Kristof

A good question! The products I currently work with have lots of calculations which need to be accurate for compliance reasons. For this reason I use data driven testing techniques and I love creating the data that sits behind those tests. I’ve written some sophisticated Excel spreadsheets that self-update as requirements change, quite tricky to do but enormously satisfying when it works.

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I started, rather more years ago than I’d like to think - managing data quality for a sectorial regulator. My first 18 months were caught up in requirements gathering and liaising with consulting engineers who were monitoring data collection methodologies. I didn’t get involved with software testing as such until we wrote the systems to analyse and manipulate the data we’d collected. I actually designed the data collection tool but it was a series of paper forms, which was available as a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet for those who actually had office computers!

1 Like