Introduce yourself

Hi Mirza,
My testing experience to date has been largely on complex in-house trading platforms so I have little experience of web/mobile technology. I’m also interested in getting more familiar with Agile/Scrum as this was introduced towards the end of my last role but seems to have become the most popular methodology in the last 7 years. I’d quite like to find some platforms where I can get some up to date practical testing experience as a bit of a confidence boost. Any recommendations gratefully received!
Thanks,
Ronnie

3 Likes

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the recommendations.

I am definitely interested in exploratory testing. From what I have learnt so far it seems to match my natural testing style. Saying that, I am interested in understanding the fundamentals of approach/scope when looking at automation test strategy. I think having a better understanding of best practice when it comes to automation could be useful even as a manual tester. There is so much more than v-model and dumb terminals to consider in testing these days! :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Ronnie

3 Likes

You and me both. I’ve learnt more about testing of all sorts in the past five years - both from colleagues and from MoT, which they introduced me to - than I did in the previous twenty!

1 Like

Hello, I am new in Software testing. I want to change my life and job so I decided to learn Software testing. Hope one day I will get my first Job.

1 Like

Wow Dino, that’s a big goal.
Hope you can search about in here and find pointers in taking that first step and make it happen, ask questions. And best of luck in the new journey!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. It will be helpful :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello :wave:
I am Neha Parekh. I have around 5 years in Software testing. I have worked on several SAaS web projects, Salesforce. I am very passionate about quality assurance and love to learn more about it. I have worked on few automation projects as well. Currently I am primarily working on testing the front end, functionality and backend testing. I am looking forward to learn more about automation and different types of testing which can benefit and enhance quality.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Welcome @nehabhardwaj to MoT! :slight_smile:

What kind of tech are you using for your automation projects?

1 Like

Good afternoon all,

My name is Jason and I am starting a fresh career in testing. I have tested in the past in previous roles but it has never been a full duty of mine. I am looking forward to taking this on in an official capacity.

-J

3 Likes

Welcome to MoT @jasontompsett-ince ! :slight_smile:

Did you only do manual testing? looking to do some automation?

1 Like

It’ll be a lot of manual as I will be bug testing and investigating.

2 Likes

Ahh bug verification and investigating defect causes, not long and you will be a full card-carrying member of the community Jason. Welcome to the club, and the beginnings of a great journey.

1 Like

Hi, @kristof ! Right now I’m just dipping my toe in. I’d done some training around Selenium using Java and wrote a very simple script to test the UI but that’s about as far as I’d gotten :slight_smile:

1 Like