Introduce yourself

Hello All, I am a complete newbie to software testing. I was a software developer many moons ago. I was fascinated with testing then but never got the opportunity to try it out. I then left to look after my family. Years later, I returned to the workforce but as an administrator in the health sector and was very delighted to find out that a role in software testing was a possibility. I quietly prepared for any Junior opportunities by reading software testing articles and watching YouTube videos on testing tutorials and interviewer tips where I found out about the MoT (best discovery ever by the way :grinning: )

The opportunity did come up and I jumped at it. I am now waiting to start in a junior tester role. I can’t wait to soak up as much knowledge as I can from courses and articles available on here, it will definitely keep me occupied till then and beyond.

What a great and welcoming community this is and grateful that I found it.

I am also very grateful that this wasn’t a typing test as I am learning to touch type
(why not?), it is taking a while. Looking forward to my first test bash tomorrow, not sure if I was qualified to attend but couldn’t resist an event that had the word ‘bash’ in it. Have fun and nice to be here.
Thanks.

1 Like

Welcome, @cakeboss I might be biased (since I’m a tester who listens to the AB Testing podcast a lot) but from what I’ve observed is that the developers who know how to test write top-notch quality code, compared to top devs who leave all, or most of the testing to someone else.

I have been testing software for years and I want to get better at automation as well as to see how others here at MoT approach testing and what they have learned that I haven’t.

1 Like

I’m still learning to touch type too, trying not to rush it now. Hope you did enjoy the TestBash, you will have picked up loads, hope you did not get overwhelmed. Glad you are finding this to be the best community it possibly can be.

1 Like

Hey I’m Phillip Langdon and I am reallt excited for this software testing journey. I have a passion for technology amd how things work and I have basic knowledge of programming. Ultimately I would like to become a DevOps engineer and I believe this platform will help achieve that as a stepping stone to first becoming a software tester.

4 Likes

Hello my name is Kasia, I am taking this class because i just started an internship as a software tester, I am new to the industry and i wanted to learn more, i was given this website throw my work , to improve my skill. I am exited to learn more to help me succeed in this role.

5 Likes

Welcome to MoT @phillip97! :slight_smile:

DevOps engineer hmm? It’s very nice to have goals in life, I wish you best of luck!

@Welcome to MoT @kasiahaile! :slight_smile:

What kind of testing do you do?

2 Likes

Welcome to the most awesome QA community @kasiahaile . Yeah do tell us more about your internship job, perhaps simple things like how you prepared for the interview. Hope you get lots of good tips here and feel comfortable to ask all the questions, we love questions here.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My name’s Nathan and I am starting my journey of software testing. I was recommended this course through an Apprenticeship I have applied for. I have a few friends who are already in the industry and I believe it’s now my time now to make the switch. I am passionate about software and technology and I look forward to learning more on my QA journey.

Advanced regards to the trainers who have prepared these materials and for setting up this community.

Nathan Gonsalves

3 Likes

Welcome to MoT! :slight_smile:

Any specific interests in QA already? Like Management/Automation/manual… ?

1 Like

Hi Everyone I am Maemo, an automation tester from South Africa. I have been in the testing sspace for four years now. I was placed in a testing team right after baic software development learnership training. The first three years of my career I was just blindly automating test cases, last year when looking for a new job I realised that my years of experience don’t match my testing knowledge (which I came to realise was not much :rofl:). I then decided to upskill, I have been doing a lot of online learning to enhance my automation skills.

I am on a journey of growth in the testing space and I’m excited about the contribution the MoT community will make to my journey of becoming an expert and thought leader in this field.

3 Likes

Hi, it is nice to meet you all.
I am learning here to prepare myself for possible employment in this area in the future.

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Jason and I recently accepted my first Data Quality Analyst position. I’ve been in some level of Technical Customer Support for the past 8 years and am looking forward to learning more about QA and how I can apply my past experience to my current position.

1 Like

Hey, always good to see some Saffers on the boards here. Welcome on board.
Yeah, for many automation testers, we take years to reach that “aha” moment where we realize that quality does not come from just writing scripts all day long. It’s fun to, and glad you are now in a better head space @maemo .

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m Ruth and I’m brushing up on my skills with a view to re-entering the testing world following a couple of years working with a design for good agency in areas other than testing and I’ve been missing it! I have 17 years experience in manual testing dating back to the 90s (eek!). It’s great to be here and I’m really enjoying getting stuck in. Thanks so much for the fantastic array of resources and for such a lovely community.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the awesome place where we create awesomeness in software Ruth. Design for good sounds really interesting, I hope you don’t uncover too many dark-patterns in your new job. Never tell them your age ha ha.

3 Likes

Hello! My name is Josh Hodge and I currently work as a QA Engineer. I’m always trying to learn something new, and looking forward to adding more tools to the arsenal.

3 Likes

Hi @josh.hodge welcome to the MoT Community! :slight_smile:

What kind of QA are you into?

1 Like

Hello! I’m Jackie and I am looking to learn software testing for my first role!
I have a love for software development already so learning software testing is something that is exciting for me to be able to improve my current workflow and ensure that solutions work!

3 Likes

Hello, I am learning more about software testing for an apprenticeship. I am appreciative for the resources available on this site and excited to learn throughout the course!

3 Likes