Introduce yourself

Yeah, also do add any blog links to the bloggers threads are all here Sharing Lounge - The Club

1 Like

I am working with startup company and they prefer manual testing most of the time.

So I do manual as well as automation testing as per their guidelines and the requirements.

4 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2:

The question now is: What are you going to do about it? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hello ,

Thank you for the link and the support from you. I have added the blog in that section.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m starting my first course here in the quest to do a bit of a career switch from being an operations analyst in the defense industry to a tester/qa analyst. I’m hoping the courses will help me figure out if it is a good fit for me. And I’m excited to learn!

3 Likes

Welcome @hmac there are plenty of people who changed careers and moved to software testing - I used to be a history student in college and went to art high school. Just tackle one topic at a time while learning, try to apply what you learn and make a long term learning plan.

If you ever have any questions, or want to have a testing discussion, the Club is the right place to be! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello all,

Looking to learn more about best practices, building a portfolio, and testing software - automation specifically.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Welcome to MoT @ouronlyplanb !!

You arrived at the perfect place for that! :slight_smile:
What kind of automation are you into? / What kind of QA/testing do you do atm?

Kind regards
Kristof

1 Like

Hi everyone! Some of you here already know me as one of the EditorBosses for MoT’s Dojo articles.

While I’m primarily an editor and a writer these days, I spent 10-plus years as a fulltime software tester in highly regulated and SaaS environments. Editing articles for the Dojo helps me keep a couple of toes in the testing world. And I get to know some of the good folks here a little bit better, too.

And as many of you know as well, you never stop being a tester… in fact most of us are already “testers” in spirit long before we take our first paid gig doing so.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I have been requested to do this course by management as this is my first testing role ever! I do not possess any background in software but it has always been a passion of mine. Add that to the possibility of helping make software products even better, it definitely is great match for me ! Super excited to be doing this course :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome to MoT @rogerbmlsoares ! :slight_smile:

If you need anything let us know! What did you do before your new testing job?

2 Likes

There are plenty of testers on here with no previous background in software; indeed, I got my current role in part because I didn’t have a traditional IT background, but rather a varied business background which gives me a perspective that my colleague testers don’t have. The strength of the testing community comes from the mix of talents and experiences we all bring to the table.

2 Likes

I was working in Sales! A big change but nevertheless one that is worthwhile :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome “back” Elizabeth. Lets not make any bad jokes about how teachers never die.
So true, the good tester in all of us is always there, it just needs a trigger.

1 Like