Learning buddies in Mobile App testing?

We started a conversation at the TestBash Brighton UnExpo about wanting to teach, learn and share experiences year round rather than just at the conference.

So here we are! And if you interested in learning, teaching or sharing experiences about Mobile App testing? Why not connect here with Eva and others who are also looking to connect!

1 Like

Hi,
Iโ€™m doing Android Mobile App Testing all day connected with their backend(s).

I just found out that the Open Source Software for creating your own Device Cloud (Android) got updated for all Android Versions.
Before it worked only up to Android 4.4.4 now up to 8.0!!!
https://openstf.io/

You can do manual parellel testing on this aswell let everyone else in the network use the devices connected to your cloud. Also you can setup automation testing with that. I will check out as soon I get my DevOps working on it. ^^

We have somewhat 30 Devices so soon no more circulation for me, yey!

Question Florian, I know itโ€™s a whole year later, โ€ฆ
but when we say mobile, we are talking about ipads, tablets, and of course Apple as well? Where is a good starting point for how to test on Apple for users like me who know about Androids and ADB already? Like how do you let a developer install apps on your iPhone, since the platform does not support developer mode as far I know in the same way Android does. Is there anyone who has written a lot about exploratory mobile testing from perspective of learning about form factors and across all the mobile platforms?

Hello Dear,

I know the question is publish before 1 year, But as a Tester I would like to help youโ€ฆ

As per my experience mobile application testing needs more focus ( it is very changelings if you are doing game testing) so please go with the step by stepโ€ฆ

I would like to suggest you some best practices I think it might be helpful for youโ€ฆ

1.Know Your Customer

2.learn updated and latest Mobile Testing Techniques

3.Keep Focused on Quality and Standard App Testing

4.Testing on Real device

5.Data Network Testing

Take a few miuntes so you can read in brief here also:https://www.testrigtechnologies.com/top-10-best-practices-for-android-app-testing/

All the best

I use Appium, getting my head around it still, there are a few things that are a bit flakey or slow, but it covers our requirements to validate IOS and Android. The mac install is a bit painful at times, but the hard work tends to be in the test code implementation, in my case is Python which expresses tests in cross platform as far as possible. Useful if the product was designed that way, and has many testing which make my life far easier.

1 Like