Microphone Recommendation?

I was wondering if you guys and gals have a microphone to recommend? Nothing too fancy (with a reasonable price) but, with a better sound quality than a headphones mic or an integrated one. I’m thinking about using it for recording more Rackets, or maybe some tutorials in the future.

So, nothing too sophisticated just something:

4 Likes

I recommand this brand “Sennheiser”
I used it 2 times and I’m happy with the headset I got, not sure about an entire microphone.

I personally use this headset (reference= SC 30 USB ML) and I think it’s sufficient for recording rackets or online conferences:

2 Likes

Thanks @emna_ayadi I had headphones from that manufacturer a few years ago and they were quite good, I bet their microphones are too, if they make them - I’ll have to check thanks! Right now I’m using just the generic headphones that came with the laptop and they sound quality could be better I recon.

1 Like

I’m using a DragonWar headset (got it for free when I bought a PC) but it’s actually quite nice.
It has an extra button to mute yourself, so you don’t have to always click in the UI but you can just press the button on the cord. Also has a button to enable/disabled the Bass in the headset :smiley:

I’m quite happy about it overall, I probably wear it more then 10h a day.

1 Like

That seems like one fine headset @kristof I had a DragonWar gamming mouse, I got it like maybe 8 years ago and it still works today - even after all those years of regular (ab)use! :grin:

1 Like

I have the Yeti Blue mic, but my Racket sound quality still is bad.
It’s not the mic, it’s something about Racket too

1 Like

@maaike.brinkhof I noticed that one is popular with people who make ASMR videos - I watch those in secret, or listen to them, to be more precise. :nerd_face:

what browser are you using to record it? If I use chrome I have much better quality then firefox I noticed.

1 Like

Ah yeah I’m on Firefox. I ain’t touching Chrome.

I can try Safari to see how it fares!

1 Like

No shame in ASMR. I’ve been watching/listening to ASMR for 10 years already. It’s really calming and relaxing!

1 Like

Yeti Blue here too, not recorded on Racket but it has seriously increase my sound quality for delivering workshops and work video calls etc.

1 Like

@adystokes Seems like a really popular microphone, and what I’ve seen so far the prices are quite reasonable!

1 Like

We use Samson Q2U mics on the Testing Peers podcast.

I asked around on Twitter for recommendations before we did that.

We’ve been pretty happy with them so far.

3 Likes

Absolutely pleased with the Shure MV7. It’s been an incredible microphone.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of my Rode NT-USB mic. Also know a couple of other folks who also rate it.

3 Likes

Hey Mirza,

I currently use a Auna MIC-900 - USB Condensor Microphone . The sound (at least to me) sounds good compared to the snowball ice I also have. If you want to hear the sound quality, I’ve a course on MoT, you can listen to the intro to see what the sound is like?

I also use the InnoGear Microphone Stand Set with this (Shock Mount, Mic Clip Holder, Pop Filter, Screw Adapter, Table Mounting Clamp, Five Cable Ties) .

Hope that helps,
Viv

4 Likes