New to The Club and Willing to Learn

Hi All

I’m Martine and I’m based in Plymouth, Devon, England.

Just recently entering the world of testing for a Healthcare Software company getting my head around a ‘legacy’ piece of software. I can really see a great future in this industry and I’m working towards my ISTQB, gaining as much knowledge as possible.

I’d love to make new connections on here and I value all of your experiences…please say hi! :slight_smile:

I’m also a musician and yoga teacher - I see many transferable skills, especially within the Agile method, please enlighten me!

1 Like

Hello Martine, welcome to the community. Where to start? Well that’s really down to context. If you are after the more fundamental side of testing look up the Software Testing Clinic associated with Ministry of Testing. There’s some great introductions to different aspects of testing. I often describe it as the testing universe as there’s so many different aspects. Probably best to start with what can help you now at work and more generally, thinking like a tester. E.g. looking at things from multiple aspects. Look up, testing an input field, the four hour testing site which has great exercises including my favourite, ‘Mary had a little lamb’. Other than that its ask lots of questions and we will all do our best to help you find answers. Have fun, it is definitely the best job to have

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply Ady - I really appreciate it.

I will look into your suggestions and keep asking questions (which I like doing!)

Do you have a link to this site at all?

Many thanks,

Martine

Here you go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Martine, I found this book useful.

You can try as well:

1 Like

Than you @abir - I’ll check it out :+1: