QA Automation Recommendations

Hi guys, looking for quality education for manual testing (QA), but I don’t want to learn in groups of more than 20 to 30 people. Is there some online school where there are not more than 15-20 people in a group and a lot of practice? Can you share your experience with me pls? Thanks!!

HI, sorry . I am new here… how do I start talking without being a reply?
I don’t know code , and I would like some advice on courses , tolls for automation testing… I already tried to learn by my self… but I find it hard :frowning:

1 Like

I think what you need is to find a mentor.
A mentor will asses your skills, help you to define where you wanna go, assist you with defining a path, and guide you during this path. The sessions will be one-to-one. But the main thing in those sessions - is your own work and motivation.

Test Automation University (TAU) which is sponsored by Appium is probably the good place to start. There are loads of threads about learning test automation, and TAU and more on this forum, just scan and search. However…

• I’m biased, and this is just my personal journey but. I believe in doing a thing you love. My grandfather was a carpenter, he taught his son what he knew, and I still remember a very deep sit down chat with my dad, about how to find happiness in life. We all love building things, even my son today, is a thing-builder, that same lesson I told him. “Take the thing you love doing and turn it into a career. That way you will always love your job, and always be good at what you do and never hate your job.” . When you love a thing you wake up each morning and nurture it a tiny bit. For me it started in 1986, I loved computers, so I got my hands on a ZX80 (not a Z81) and learned to program it. Next I copied Edlin and ASM onto a diskette and taught myself to program an IBM PC. Nothing was free, the web was yet to reach everywhere. I had to learn the intel x86 assembly instructions, I did not have a compiler until later. That grew into teaching myself to program Pascal 3 years later. That led to a Cobol Course 2 years further along, and during that time teaching myself Modula 2 and “C”. At that point I got my first Job offer and over 12 years I moved from “C” to “C++”, and eventually became a tester when I quit that job. I had been a programmer for well over 16 years before I became a tester in 2006, but the thing that drives me forward is having a challenge. If you have a challenge, you will spend time every single day improving yourself. My first computer job was not “in” computers, it was to install computer networks, I just had to keep moving that needle.

Sorry if this sounds like a bedtime story, but to learn a skill, you either have to love it, or go the hard way.