Testmanagementtool and Robotframework

Hi,
i would like to run my automated robotframework tests via a test management tool. Are there any tools that can do this? It should be a Jira plug-in please
Thx

1 Like

It’s been a little while, but I’ve used the Zephyr Scale API to pull tests from the test management, execute them in my python-based test automation tool and send the results back to test rail using the API. We had to study the API a little bit, learn Zephyr’s test run workflow, and we used the JIRA api python package from pypi. Zephyr Scale also has a RobotFramework integration that accepts junit test results.

As an alternative, the robot framework forum has a few references to TestRail, too: Robot Framework - Robot Framework Community

1 Like

You can report your automation test results into Testuff (www.testuff.com), a test management tool which has a strong Jira integration. It’s still not an option to execute the automated tests from the tool though, if that’s what you need (can’t think of a test management tool that supports it, at least not in a way that will actually help you…).
Disclaimer - I work @Testuff.

I’m doing a python integration to something else right now, but after that, Zephyr integration is on the cards for me too - I’m finding the documentation rather sparse and the community support a bit like I walked into a desert. Any pointers on where one can get a bit of help or do we just raise support tickets against Smartbear?

You should take a look at Xray which is a great Jira addon. I have used it together with Robot Framework, which is quite easy to integrate. And it is a great test management tool as well :slight_smile: