User profiles are largely blank

Hi Conrad,

We are currently working on user profiles for our main platform which will display more information about users. Part of that work will be researching how that information can also be added to Club user profiles should users wish to do so. It’s taking time to develop but it is something that’s on our roadmap. If you need to know the location of a user in the meantime in order to help them with their question, it’s okay to ask them to clarify that.

The username is set by users themselves at signup. In your particular example, I can see the full name on the user profile but perhaps that’s because I’m an admin :slight_smile:

At the moment, we’ve had very few cases of people abusing The Club or other areas of our platform under names that are not their preferred name. When I say very few, it’s small single digits in the 3 years that I’ve worked here. We’ve also got an excellent community on here who flag anything that looks suspicious or needs moderator attention very quickly.

In most cases where people have usernames that in no way relate to their preferred name, they do so in order to seek help whilst also trying to protect themselves from employer backlash for doing so. See The anxiety behind recorded webinars which demonstrates this much better than I can explain currently.

2 Likes