Wanna help us get more folks involved in The Club?

I love The Club. I love the discussions that happen on all sorts of topics. And I also enjoy the chat on the new chat channels.

We need more people on The Club. More people will increase the likelihood that more folks will share. And the more diverse this place is the better. Diverse backgrounds, identities, experiences, skill sets, job roles and more. You name it, we need it! (except for spammers, trolls and bad actors – we have policies for them, don’t worry).

So here’s a challenge for you if you choose to accept. Join the “5 Posts in 5 Days” crew. :five: :handshake: :five:

1. Pick a week when you know you can visit The Club every day over a five-day period
  2. Add a daily reminder in your calendar to head over to The Club
  3. Each day find a tag you find interesting
  4. Create a new topic. Add the tag 5in5 plus two relevant tags. You could share a problem and ask for help. You could share your opinions and ask what others think. You could post about something you recently learnt. The key is to not overthink things and just go for it.
  5. Share a link to your topic post on all the places you hang out e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Slack etc
  6. Invite people to come along and get involved with a reply to your post
  7. Feel great for bringing more people over to The Club! :tada:

And let’s hope they’re up for sticking around!

Also, feel free to just invite folks here. If you’re unsure who to invite please share the guidelines with them. It’s the go-to place to at least give someone the feeling that this place is a place someone can contribute in a way that works for them. That this place is inclusive and values thoughts, ideas and comments from folks across the globe.

Reply to this post with your ideas to get more people involved in The Club. And if you’re up for getting involved? Reply here or send me a message.

:soon: There’s no start date for this so you’re welcome to start whenever you like.

11 Likes

This whole idea of growing the club by just participating was how I managed to once or twice win the club ninja award a year or 2 ago. Back before the club got even more “gamified”, all you had to do was login, and answer one question per day for a whole month. That’s just 21 or so visits, I got a cool coffee mug for doing that. Gamification does work, all the cool hobbies and groups are doing it these days. But I think Simon just added another level - external social linking. Challenge accepted!

5 Likes

I just feel like I have not enough reach to bring many people to here.
I started my social media activity in this period of (imo) declining social media activity.
I guess that this challenge is also part of fighting this.

At least I will remain as active as before, helping where I can (by time, content, needs and emotional support).

2 Likes

I know the other networks are pointless, but, we all have linked-in accounts, that’s not dead yet.

3 Likes

I love the idea!

It has to be a meaningful post thought! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m in - let’s start now! Let’s gooo