What’s Your Win For The Week? 8th May 2021

What win(s) do you have this week? Share them here so we can celebrate them with you no matter how big or small you think they might be :tada:

My wins for this week:

• New community boss started :grin: So not necessarily my win BUT I’m super happy that there’s someone coming on board to continue the work I’ve been doing over the past while in the community :heart:
10 Likes

My win this week is the realisation that, after spending a day researching alternatives for Jenkins, the best alternative is to re-implement it from scratch :sweat_smile:

Oooooooh, and not to forget, I joined my first Tester Hangout!!!

5 Likes

My wins for the week are;

• Published my monthly A11y With Ady A11y with Ady: May 2021 — The Big Test Theory
  • Delivered the first bootcamp session to a brand new cohort alongside @scottkenyon We have people brand new to tech and a Web Dev so a very diverse group. Some great feedback but I think my favourite was “The way you both talk about it - I can clearly hear a passion.
  • Had some great a11y wins at work from fixing a simple missing H1 to making sure an image being enlarged and minimised was announced to screen readers. The issue there was solved by putting in a half second delay before the announcement!
7 Likes

Wins this week:

• FINALLY got our hallway floor tiled - any changes to our house take forever and a day to happen, so this is fabulous to come home to :muscle:t3:
  • Watched my son skateboarding again, I’ve always loved watching his determination and passion :skateboard:
  • Got back into study mode and booked my next exam :shushing_face:
  • I’ve generally had a lovely week seeing interactions within this community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
3 Likes

Wins this week:

• Hit my goal of working through some of the learning material on MoT over my lunches currently working through the Automating API Checks with Restsharp

• Got over my fear and took the plunge becoming more active in this community :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@melissafisher nominated me for Tester of the Day, which is so kind of her! It really made my day because I’m feeling quite down this week with imsomnia troubles. Sleep is so important for everything and I’m at my wits end. Finally made an appointment with the doctor…

4 Likes
  • received my tee from MoT! :wink:
  • I learned more about file upload vulnerabilities & how to exploit some of them
4 Likes
  • Had a productive week getting up-to-speed and stuck into the testing of some sprint work within my team.

• Got out on the bikes for the first time this year and promptly got soaked! But was still fun though!

4 Likes

Our Automation Project was approved by our client so now we will start with all the assessment and coding. more work to come the follow years.

2 Likes
  1. Having the fantasifabulous discussion with @maaret yesterday at MoT, Bangalore
    May 2021 Meetup on #exploratory-testing

2. Completing reading Ronald Cumming’s “Leading Quality” book. Thanks @heather_reid for sharing it at the #exploratory-testing-week !

3. Getting introduced to #kotlin programming language, and its design patterns.

4. Registered for Mark’s 99-minute workshop course!

5. Completing taking notes on testing perspectives on business analysts’ tools.

6. Clicked my first MoT Dojo style pic.

7. Slept like a baby whenever I got a chance!

4 Likes

Wins for the week:

• My new Test Lead started this week and really started to make progress in picking up the systems and domain knowledge. She also thanked me for being available to help her (shows me that clearing my calendar was the right approach this week)
  • Had a great 1-1 with another one of my team helping him link career aspirations to learning material and giving him a pathway to get where he wants to be
  • binge watched Line of Duty seasons 1-5 in the evenings over the last week or so and am finally ready for the last two episodes of season 6 tonight!
  • not worked 1 evening this week, which is a first for a long time
  • got back into running recently and completed my first non-stop 5k in nearly a year, along with change of diet, have lost half a stone in 2 weeks too!
3 Likes

We reached 100 downloads for the Testing Stories e book!
Got some contact lenses (it has been about 10 years since I last wore them).

Survived the week :smiley: I’ve had a bit of a tough week with lack of sleep. Got a better night’s sleep on friday, so starting to feel better.

4 Likes

This week is so special, with many wins:

• I did my offboarding, independent, relaxed week :grin: soon I’ll start new job
  • I upgraded my personal laptop (age 9 years old) but first time I open it to integrate a new SSD disk
  • Got a badge Top speaker certificate (ranked Top5 in french speaking conference that I did last month)
  • What’s more received a book “A Journey Through Test Automation Patterns”
3 Likes

Love love love reading through all of your wins on a Monday :heart: It gives me a wonderful positivity boost for the week ahead.

Keep up the sharing folks, you never know when it will make someone’s day :star_struck:

4 Likes